Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] No template for funcparams in manpages sheets

Barry Rountree <rountree@uga.edu> writes:

> There does't appear to be a funcparams template in
> docbook-xsl-1.68.1/manpages.
>
> Could one of the gurus add this template?  Or barring that,
> give me a couple of hints as to something I could cut 'n'
> paste in order to get started?  (I learned *roff several
> years ago and have only needed it for the one project, xsl is
> new territory for me.)

I will add it. If possible, can you please raise a new manpages bug
report for this? The interface is here:

  http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=21935&atid=516914

It requires you to have or create a Sourceforge account first, so
if that is too much of a hassle, please just let me know and I
will raise it instead.

Also, it would help if you can provide a document I can test with.
Either posted here or uploaded as an attachment for the issue.

Note that there are curently many other elements for which there
are currently no templates in the manpages stylesheets. So if/when
you see messages about other missing elements or run into other
problems, I would very appreciate if you could report them as well.

I have recently been making quite a few bug fixes and enhancements
to the manpages stylesheets. They've been neglected for some time
now because the project did not have an official maintainer for them.

Anyway, I am working on them for now. And for setting priority on
what gets fixed or added first, I have basically just been
following a "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" policy. So the
more active you are about reporting problems and on following up
on the reports, the more likely it is the changes will get made.

  --Mike

--
Michael Smith
http://logopoeia.com/  http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/890