Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Problems with publishing on Sourceforge - xrefs

Hi Mike,

One clarification - the docs for our website (www.sanchez-gtm.com) (url
for the published documents
http://www.sanchez-gtm.com/user_documentation/user_doc.htm) do work
without a target-data files, please check out
http://www.sanchez-gtm.com/user_documentation/targets/GTM_V5.0-000_Relea
se_Notes.html. In Sourceforge I uploaded each individual doc with a
separate formatting for the Address block and with admonition graphics
turned OFF.

Thanks & Regards,
Sarah

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Smith [mailto:smith@xml-doc.org]
Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2005 12:09 PM
To: SIRIGINA Saraswathi
Cc: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org; Bob Stayton
Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Problems with publishing on Sourceforge -
xrefs

SIRIGINA Saraswathi <SSirigina@COVANSYS.COM> writes:

> I am sending in the code and the generated HTML - that I am trying to
> publish to Sourceforge.

What exactly do you mean by "publish to Sourceforge"?

I am guessing that maybe you mean you are trying to generate HTML output
from some DocBook XML source files, using the DocBook XSL stylesheets
from the DocBook project (which happens to be hosted at Sourceforge). Is
that what you mean?

> I encountered the following problems. Any suggestions, help in this
> regard is much appreciated.
>
> 1. The address lines get double spacing.

Do you mean the "GT.M Group" address near the beginning of each
document? It is not double-spaced when I look at it in Firefox. It is
spaced the same as the rest of the document. What web browser are you
using to view the HTML files?

> 2. The xrefs to different documents do not work.

You have some olink instances in your DocBook XML source files, but you
don't seem to have created a target-database document or any target-data
files. If you haven't already, I think you may need to read the how-to
instructions in the "Olinking between documents" chapter in Bob's book

  --Mike

--
Michael Smith
http://logopoeia.com/  http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/890

This message is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain privileged, confidential information which is exempt from disclosure under applicable laws. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that you are strictly prohibited from disseminating or distributing this information (other than to the intended recipient) or copying this information. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by return email.