Subject: "tab" char within <screen> or <programlisting>

Hi all,

I am following Denis Gillain in the question "if some one had already
the same idea" about expanding tab characters for FO output.
The task is obviously not as simple as just replacement of every <tab>
by several amount of spaces.
I also explored EXSLT, if there is some function for this, but
unsuccessfully.
Maybe there could be the way of making another extension of docbook-xsl
in Java, how about that? The tabbing algorithm is not so complicated
(ok, one needs Java), but I have no experience, how to include it into
XSL stylesheets.

The usage idea is that there is a global setting for the tabsize, while
there is some element-instance-specific possibility of overriding
tabsize for that particular element.

IMHO, this could be really nice and useful feature.

P.S> I have seen some rumours about XSL-FO 1.1 (or so) spec in this
mailing list, which could adress this issue, does anybody know something
new about it?

Best regards,
       Tomas

Tomas Hajek                                               /_________/
Design engineer                                          /  ___  __
Integrated Circuits for Car Radio Applications	        /\ (  / / /
						            / /_/
STMicroelectronics
IBC Building                                E-mail: tomas.hajek@st.com
Pobrezni 3                                  Work  : +420 222 336 137
186 00 Praha 8                              Tina  : 139 6137
Czech Republic                              Fax   : +420 222 336 116