Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] XIncludes with relative paths (libxml + WinXP).

Hi Bob,

thank you for the hint, you made me "rethink" the command, it was actually:

    xmllint.exe --noent --valid  --recover  --xinclude -o resolved.xml
"file:///D:/BAZL/doc/de/ml/ml-main.xml"

[I used an absolute uri path for the input file, this was because of me
playing around with catalog files some months ago and there were
constellations where resolver.jar wouldn't work with saxon in my
intended way, if the absolute path was not used (don't remember anymore
what exactly went wrong at that time).]

But - ahaaa - reading your message, I said to myself: 'there was a time,
that XIncludes used to work in libxml ..., what was different then?':
the input path!

with the following command, resolving works fine:
    xmllint.exe --noent --valid  --recover  --xinclude -o resolved.xml
ml-main.xml

Nevertheless, should the behavior of libxml with absolute input paths
not be considered a bug? Or does the interpretation of base paths
change, when an absolute path is provided instead of a simple file
(using the current path)?

Regards,
Georges