Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] insert blank line in paragraph

Hi Tristan,

On 18/06/2005, at 5:52 AM, Tristan Fiedler wrote:

>> Could someone please let me know how to insert a blank line in a
>> paragraph:
>>
>>   <para>First sentence. Second sentence (<xref linkend="figure1"/>).
>>
>>         <mediaobject id="figure1" xreflabel="Figure 1">
>>         <imageobject><imagedata entityref="fig1" width="4in"
>> align="center"/></imageobject>
>>         <textobject><phrase>Vulval development is a multi-step
>> process</phrase></textobject>
>>         &fig1legend;
>>         </mediaobject>

Firstly, if this is a figure, is there a good reason for not marking
it up as a DocBook 'figure'?    You could then put whitespace below
the image using the 'figure.properties' parameter.

> Sorry all -- just found the <literallayout> element :)

Assuming there _is_ a good reason for not using 'figure', using
'literallayout' to insert a blank line strikes me as a hack.  Why not
modify the 'mediaobject' template (and I'm suggesting this blindly,
not knowing how complicated that template is) to add some 'space-
after' to the outermost block?  (Of course, your way is fine if a
quick hack is all you need.)

--
Paul.

w  http://logicsquad.net/