Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] FOP error

Tristan Fiedler <fiedler@cshl.edu> writes:

> How can I get rid of this annoying [ERROR] :
>
> SpecNervSys$ ./pdf.pl pdf
> Making portrait pages on USletter paper (8.5inx11in)
> [INFO] Using com.icl.saxon.aelfred.SAXDriver as SAX2 Parser
> [INFO] FOP 0.20.5
> [INFO] Using com.icl.saxon.aelfred.SAXDriver as SAX2 Parser
> [INFO] building formatting object tree
> [INFO] setting up fonts
> [ERROR] property - "background-position-horizontal" is not implemented
> yet.
> [ERROR] property - "background-position-vertical" is not implemented
> yet.

Maybe this:

  SpecNervSys$ ./pdf.pl pdf 2>/dev/null

Or better yet, don't use FOP. Use another XSL-FO engine instead.
Like, maybe, XEP Personal Edition -

  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/200506/msg00148.html

It is now free/no-cost, as long as it is used for not-for-profit purposes:

  "...users of XEP Personal are able to distribute output
  documents given that nobody gains any profit from this
  distribution."

smime.p7s