Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Flat File DTD

Phil Weston <phil700@xmsg.com> writes:

> The Flat-File version of the DocBook v4.2 DTD in CVS implies
> that customisations should be made elsewhere (in the
> customisatio layer) and the flat-file DTD rebuild from that.
>
> How does one go about creating a new flat DTD. ie. I'd like a
> flat version of 4.4

In the DocBook project CVS, there is a script called "flatten" in
the cvstools/ directory. I think that is what as actually used to
build the flattened versions of the 4.2 DTD.

Unfortunately, that script has some hard-coded paths and some
other problems that prevent it from being portable.

I made some hacks to it and checked into the "build" branch of the
project CVS. That version may or may not work better for you. You
can try it by doing a checkout like this:

  cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/docbook \
    co -P cvstools
  cd cvstools
  cvs update -r "build" flatten

If you can't get that to work, you can download a copy of the
flattened 4.4 DTD from here:

  http://docbook.sourceforge.net/dtd-flat/4.4/docbook.dtd

And if you can get "flatten" to work for you and you want to
create a flattened version of a customization, you can send me the
customization files by mail I will run flatten on it myself to
create a flattened DTD of your customization (if you want).

  --Mike

--
Michael Smith
http://logopoeia.com/  http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/890