Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Re: Any known problems with Chinese JavaHelp?

Hello,

I think I found out myself everything I need for Chinese
JavaHelp.  Just in case other people have the same problem,
I summarise my experience:

1. If you have to work under Windows XP, you have to install
   the Chineses language pack - I installed "Simplified
   Chinese".  If you can work under Linux (e.g. Debian),
   make sure the right fonts are installed.  I did not yet
   find out which fonts you need, sorry.

2. Install Java - I used Java 1.5.0+update03 successfully.
   It seems, that on Windows it is relevant to install it
   _after_ installing the language pack!  For
   Debian GNU/Linux, download the java *.bin file and
   convert it to a Debian package using the make-jpkg
   command from unstables "java-package".

3. Process the DocBook/XML source in the following way:

$ xsltproc --stringparam javahelp.encoding utf-8 \
    --stringparam chunker.output.encoding utf-8 \
    /usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/nwalsh/javahelp/javahelp.xsl \
    mydocument.dbk

   And to view the results:

$ java -jar $JAVAHELP_HOME/demos/bin/hsviewer.jar -helpset `pwd`/jhelpset.hs

It works for me, it should work for you :-)

Cheers,
--
W. Borgert <debacle@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~debacle/