Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Potential Bug in Chunking

Jens Stavnstrup wrote:

> Just discovered a bug in 1.68.1, which may also exists in the CVS.
>
> When the parameter chunk.fast is set to 1. The chunking stylesheet fails
> to display prev/next links on a chunked page.

Something very strange is going on.  This document was created with
chunk.fast:

	http://tangentsoft.net/mysql++/doc/userman/html/

It is built with xsltproc from libxslt 1.0.27 on Red Hat Linux 9 and the
1.58.1 stylesheets, and as you can see there are no nav links.  I turned
off fast chunking, and it's now showing nav links in my local copy.  But
I built it a few hours ago with xsltproc 1.1.11 on Mac OS X 10.4 and the
1.68.1 stylesheets and fast chunking turned on, and I _did_ see the nav
links.

If anyone wants to use my document to test with, here's a link to the
tarball containing it:

	http://tangentsoft.net/mysql++/beta/mysql++-2.0.0-beta1.tar.gz

To build the manual, just go into doc/userman and type 'make'.  It
assumes xsltproc, and a system where the stylesheets are where xsltproc
can find them.  You can adjust the xsl:import rule in html.xsl in that
directory to force it to use a different set of stylesheets.

I'll try to leave it alone for a day or so, but I will be updating it
fairly soon to fix this nav problem.  I can live with it that long.