Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Website layout - autolayout Transformation Errors

Hi Raymond,
I can get your example to work when I change the entity declarations to use
relative paths rather than paths that are resolved by catalog entries.  When
catalog resolution of entities is used, I think something is happening
during the loading of foo.xml that prevents it from reading the file
properly.  Oxygen's debugger  says the node count of the stylesheet variable
$page is zero, but it should be 1.  That means the nodeset being tested has
no content, so it also has no @id, which is where the xsl:message test fails
on line 128.

If you can confirm that it works with systemids that are not resolved by the
catalog, then there is something going wrong with the catalog resolution in
Oxygen.

The reason it fails using autolayout.xsl  and not when you use chunk.xsl may
be because foo.xml is being loaded with the XSLT document() function, and
perhaps that is where the catalog lookup function is breaking down.  It
seems to me there should be some other message from the parser used by
document()  indicating what is going wrong.

DocBook Consulting