Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] XEP and prepress

Thomas or Jacques,

If it is not too much trouble, can one or the other of you please
open up a feature request for this (generating crop marks for XEP)?

  https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=21935&atid=373750

I can't see any reason why this should not be made an optional
feature for the FO stylesheets.

It looks like XEP has some other prepress capabilities
(controlling bleeds and printer's marks) for which we could also
add support if we cared to.

  --Mike

Thomas Schraitle <tom_schr@web.de> writes:

> Hi Jacques,
>
> On Friday 15 July 2005 20:26, Jacques Foucry wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> > I must add some XEP parameters BEFORE <fo:root> ! Doh ! I can I to
> > that ? Did I have to define my own user.pagemaster template in my
> > custom.xsl file ?
>
> No, you don't have to define a own page master. However you need a DocBook
> customization file. You have to insert a processing instruction (PI)
> before fo:root; I think it was <?xep-pdf-crop-mark-width value?>. (See
> [1] for more details.)
>
> Define your own customization file and add:
>
> <xsl:template match="/">
>   <xsl:processing-instruction name="xep-pdf-crop-mark-width"
>     >0.8pt</<xsl:processing-instruction>
>   <xsl:apply-imports/>
> </xsl:template>
>
> It might be that you have to insert more than one PI. Unfortunatly I
> couldn't remember all the details, the exact code is in my office.
>
> Bye,
> Tom

> [1] XEP/doc/reference.html#Prepress_Support
>     http://www.renderx.com/reference.html#Prepress_Support

smime.p7s