Subject: About client-side imagemap generation

First, let me say I've been waiting for long for this feature and I was
very happy when I found it was implemented. I must thank to all of you for
it.

But more problems came out.

1. I have not trully understood why calspair coordinates should express
percentages. But I am ready to accept it.

2. When generating htmls, as Bob said, there is no need for the images to
be present. They must be present when the resulted html is to be loaded in
some browser. But for creating the imagemap with the current xsl
stylesheets, the image size must be known in order to compute the
percentual values of the coordinates. Now we have 2 options: use only
nominal image sizes or use some processor that supports extensions and can
get those sizes. Is xsltproc supported?

The question is where is the portability since you are forced to have the
images present and in the final location and to use the Java based xalan
or saxon processors.

Why not, at least, let us manually specify the sizes. If you specify them,
you will get the "Warning: imagemaps not supported on scaled images".

--
Costin STROIE
Linux Technical Writer

For more information please visit http://www.bitdefender.com/