Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] FYI: eDE: DocBook Environment (Testing Report)

Errors 1, 2, and 4 are FOP bugs or unimplemented features.  Can't do
anything about those.
The other two errors are FOP signaling it is having problems fitting text to
an area.  That may be specific to your text.

> Last, there are remaining three minor problems:
> (a) The book does not start at page 1 (but continues the preface pages).

The first chapter after a preface should restart the page numbering at 1.
What element do you have after the preface?  If necessary, you can customize
the template named 'initial.page.number':

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/PrintHeaders.html#InitialPageNumber

> (b) I do not know how to generate the index (still using collateindex.pl
?).

No, don't use collateindex.pl.  The XSL stylesheets automatically create an
index when there is an empty index element in your document (and the
$generate.index parameter is not set to zero).

> (c) No revision page in the books

Do you mean the revhistory?  This is not output by default because not
everyone wants it.  See:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/TitlePagePrint.html#AddingTitlePageElems

DocBook Consulting