Subject: force line break

Hi All,

Software : DocBook 4.4CR2, XSL 1.67.2, FOP 0.20.5, and Saxon 6.5.3

I am having hyphenation problems, and would like to either force a line
to break at a certain point, or just left justify the text within the
"affiliation" element, so that 'Astronomy' begins on a new line.  I
have tried modifying the following items from titlepage.templates.xsl
to include linefeed-treatment='preserve', then including a newline in
the xml, but this did not work.  I also tested
http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200210/msg00340.html
but this generates errors since the fo:block is not declared.

Current non-working XSL customization layer:

<xsl:template match="author" mode="article.titlepage.recto.auto.mode">
<fo:block xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";
	xsl:use-attribute-sets="article.titlepage.recto.style"
	space-before="0.5em"
	linefeed-treatment='preserve'
	font-size="14.4pt">

	<xsl:apply-templates select="." mode="article.titlepage.recto.mode"/>
</fo:block>
</xsl:template>:

Current XML:

         <author>
             <firstname>Sam</firstname>
correspondence should be addressed.
             <affiliation>
                 <orgname>Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of
**** Astronomy, University of Wisconsin</orgname>
                 <address>Madison, WI 53706 USA</address>
             </affiliation>
         </author>

I would like the line break to occur at ****.

Could someone please comment?