Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Some issues regarding the manpages stylesheet

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005, Michael Smith wrote:

> I have just checked in a change that attempts to fix this problem.
> It is included in the latest snapshot -
>
>  http://docbook.sourceforge.net/snapshot/
>
> Please test with that and let me know if it works for you.

Yes, it works now.

> And thanks for catching and reporting the problem.

The pleasure to be useful to the project is mine. :)

> By the way, you mentioned earlier that you are using sed to do
> some post-processing cleanup on your man-page output. If there are
> other places where you are still doing that kind of cleanup, I
> would like to know. Prior to the 1.69.0 release, I was also doing
> post-processing cleanup (using Perl). One goal I had for the
> 1.69.0 manpages stylesheet was to eliminate the need for anybody to
> do cleanup on their man-pages output. So if there are any cleanuup
> steps that you are still using, I'd like to know so that I can try
> to have the manpages stylesheet do it instead.

No, as you said, there is no need to strip the empty lines with sed,
since, excepting one, there are no more.

This one is just after the '.fi' request in the same "mixed content". I
don't know whether this should be removed or replaced with something else
(maybe a '.sp'), because there must be some vertical space after the
'screen' block. It is also true this happens when simple text follows the
'screen'.

--
Costin STROIE
Linux Technical Writer