Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Please test 1.69.0 if you haven't already

Doug du Boulay <ddb@owari.msl.titech.ac.jp> writes:

> The point of which was that apply-annotations seems to be chewing up
> about 75% of processing time and if there was any way to make it more
> efficient, or a parameter to switch off the inessential bits somehow???

I have checked in a change that conditionalizes it. If you want to
try it out, you can grab the latest snapshot -

  http://docbook.sourceforge.net/snapshot/

You shouldn't need to do anything differently, because what I did
was to set the default value of the annotation.support parameter
to 0, and then to wrap the contents of the apply-annotations
template in an "if" statement that tests to see if
annotation.support is non-zero. So, the annotation.support
template still gets called just a many times as it was before, but
that contents of the template only get exercised if
annotation.support is non-zero.

  --Mike

--
Michael Smith