Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] profile chunking

Thank you Jirka,

Let me try that out and get back to you.

I appreciate all your help and Mauritz's.

Regards,
Sarah

________________________________

From: Jirka Kosek [mailto:jirka@kosek.cz]
Sent: Tue 8/16/2005 12:46 AM
To: SIRIGINA Saraswathi
Cc: Mauritz Jeanson; docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org

SIRIGINA Saraswathi wrote:

> The scenario is that I have about 6 profiling attributes. And 2 of
> the items are to generate Help for UNIX and Help for VMS. These items
> should not include any general text which could be common to the UNIX
> Manuals or VMS Manuals. Hence, I need to generate the content that is
> specific to UNIX HELP and VMS HELP as 2 different XML files.

So if I understand it correctly, you want different content for help and
different for manuals (plus differences for Unix and VMS). In this
situation, I would use something like:

<section condition="help" os="unix">
... this goes only to help for unix ...
</section>

<section condition="manual" os="unix">
... this goes only to manual for unix ...
</section>

<section condition="manual;help" os="unix">
... this goes only for unix help and unix manual ...
</section>

<section os="unix">
... the same as previous ...
</section>

Does this work in your situation?

   Profesionální skolení a poradenství v oblasti technologií XML.
      Podívejte se na nás nove spustený web http://DocBook.cz
        Podrobný prehled skolení http://xmlguru.cz/skoleni/

Confidentiality Statement:

This message is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is
addressed. It may contain privileged, confidential information which is exempt
from disclosure under applicable laws. If you are not the intended recipient,
please note that you are strictly prohibited from disseminating or distributing
this information (other than to the intended recipient) or copying this information.
by return email.