Subject: figure inside table entry and float attribute

Is there any constraint that disallows a Figure to float inside a table
entry?
This is a quickly put out example of what I am trying to do:

	<row>
            <entry>
               <para>Text before.
			<informalfigure float="left">
                     <mediaobject>
                        <imageobject>
                           <imagedata fileref="image.jpg" align="left"
valign="top"/>
                        </imageobject>
                     </mediaobject>
                  </informalfigure>
			 Texto after.
		   </para>
            </entry>
	</row>

The resulting FO does not embed the fo:external-graphic in a fo:float, why
?¿?

I’ve tried 1.68.1 and 1.69.1
I am using XEP latest to do the rendering. I’ve using this toolchain since 2
months ago.
I've tested to manually embed the fo:external-graphic element inside a float
in order to prove that XEP renders it correctly, which it does.

Any tip will be greatly appreciated.