Subject: Re: Re[2]: [docbook-apps] Using OpenOffice as a DocBook editor

On 9/8/05, Wolfgang Keller <wolfgang.keller.nospam@gmx.de> wrote:

> OO  is just yet another "nice" example of a GUI that's basically an MS
> Word clone and consequently totally unsuitable for efficient authoring
> of structured documents (not just docbook).

OOo is not "just" that.  It's also open source, using a document
format overseen by a technical committee that actually takes feedback,
 Just the other day I was telling some of them that they need to think
about supporting nested paragraphs (a la DocBook) and explaining why.

I suggest if people have complaints, they at least register them with
the OOo community.  For this specific issue, one useful addition to
OOo would be the ability to constrain the styles available to users,
which IIRC Word supports.

So two places to go would be:

http://xml.openoffice.org
http://sw.openoffice.org

Also, Dave Pawson has been experimenting with an OOo-based XML workflow.

Bruce