Subject: Re: Re[2]: [docbook-apps] Using OpenOffice as a DocBook editor

On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 10:14 +0200, Wolfgang Keller wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > If my word processor produces XML (e.g. to the Oasis standard)
>
> The point of XML is to produce _stuctured_ documents.

Only if the application needs  structure.
If it doesn't, then the markup is a waste of bits :-)

> The  problem  with  the  OO  format  (just  as with WordML) is that it
> doesn't  doesn't prevent "spaghetti" XML, so it doesn't help much.

Oh yes it does.
  Help that is.
Its very usable  markup.
If needed structure can be added, but I'd question
if you *really* need it, or whether it is sought simply
because it's been thought good 'historically'?

4 legs bad
2 legs good
sort of logic?

regards DaveP