Subject: olink .db file entity - absolute or relative to what?

I'm trying to familirise myself with the scematics of olinking (without
actually having a working system to try things out on at the moment). One
thing I'm not quite sure about is the use of ENTITY declarations to point
to the location of the targets.db file.

In the example...
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE targetset SYSTEM
"file:///tools/docbook-xsl/common/targetdatabase.dtd"
[ <!ENTITY ugtargets SYSTEM "file:///doc/userguide/target.db">
<!ENTITY agtargets SYSTEM "file:///doc/adminguide/target.db">
<!ENTITY reftargets SYSTEM "file:///doc/man/target.db"> ]>
 <targetset>
        <targetsetinfo> Description of this target database document,
which is for the examples in olink doc. </targetsetinfo>
        <!-- Site map for generating relative paths between documents -->
        <sitemap>
                <dir name="documentation">
                        <dir name="guides">
                        <dir name="mailuser">
                                <document targetdoc="MailUserGuide"
baseuri="userguide.html"> &ugtargets; </document>
                        </dir>

where is this target.db file located? is it:

/doc/userguide/target.db
or
/[webroot]/doc/userguide/target.db
or
/[sitemap-top-level-directory]/doc/userguide/target.db
?

Also, I have seen that you can use Xincludes to specify the location
(which I think I prefer), is there any advantage to one method over the
other?

I have many Docbook books, each containing many Docbook articles (in
seperate files as I like to be able to use them individually). Would I
include every single module (books and articles) in the sitemap? and would
I need to have a seperate target.db file for every single module (books
and articles) too?

My archive containes several thousand articles. Is there any way to create
the sitemap automatically or must it be done by hand?

many thanks

--
Tom Kirkpatrick
Web Developer - Virus Bulletin