Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Incorrect XHTML generation?

Dave Pawson wrote:

> I guess the complexity of docbook 4.x are such that it
> will always be possible to write content that will not
> generate valid XHTML.

Yes and no. If you will take XHTML as purely presentation format and you
will produce bunch of <div>s and <span>s you can produce valid XHTML.
But if you want to transfer semantic from DocBook to XHTML you face
problem of some more constrained content models in XHTML. E.g. Mark's
problem can be solved to rendering variablelist as table not as XHTML
definition list. You loose semantic but you get valid XHTML. In this
particular case, fix is easy -- just to switch table rendering of lists:

http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/doc/html/variablelist.as.table.html

http://sagehill.net/docbookxsl/Variablelists.html#VarListFormatting

   Nejbližší termíny školení: DocBook 5.-7.12. * XSL-FO 19.-20.12.
      XSLT 17.-20.10. * XML schémata (včetně RELAX NG) 7.-9.11.

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature