Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Displaying images in XMetal

Jana, if you evaluating XMetaL's ability to work with Docbook-variants,
then I would suggest you look at two pre-existing customizations. The
Journalist customization that comes with it is fairly Docbook-like. This
customization is actually a pure subset of Docbook:

http://www.xmetal.com/en_us/conference/index.x

I will talk to our marketing folks about whether we can share the
underlying project. This may take a bit of time due to legal headaches.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jana Volencova [mailto:j.volencova@cz.gmc.net]
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2005 8:35 AM
To: David Cramer (Tech Pubs)
Cc: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org; Jerry Silver; Jirka Kosek

I see! It looks like I am not editing the right file. My docbookx.ctm
contains only element properties like this one:
   <ElementProperties>
      <Name ns="">imagedata</Name>
      <PrettyPrintOptions></PrettyPrintOptions>
      <IndentContent/>
      <NewLineBeforeEndTag/>
      <NewLineBeforeStartTag/>
    </ElementProperties>
And I might have not started the proper project for XMetal customization
in XMetal Developer. But if there is a way to do it manually, I'll be
happy to skip the XMetal Developer. The question is now what the right
file is...

We are using mainly GIFs, so there should not a problem with support.

And speaking about XML editors, I spent a lot of time trying to find a
suitable one but nothing seems ideal. That could be a topic for a new
thread but at the moment I am just happy with what I have and
concentrate on writing again.

Thanks for your help!
Jana