Subject: Help needed to get FOP native compiled using GCJ

Hello,

We folk of the Fedora Documentation Project (FDP) could use some
help, maybe from you.

All our documents are created in DocBook, so that we can render them
into HTML and PDF.  Unfortunately, we lack a good tool for the PDF
rendering.

Apache FOP looks to be a good choice as a free XML->PDF rendering
tool, but it's currently built to use the non-free JVM.  We would
prefer that FOP be compiled natively using gcj(1), but lack the
expertise.

If someone here has the interest and the time, we would be most
grateful if you could look into this.  You can reply on this list or
directly to me.

Cheers!

PGP signature