Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Help needed to get FOP native compiled using GCJ

hi,

--- Tommy Reynolds <Tommy.Reynolds@MegaCoder.com>
wrote:

> I'm having no joy trying to install this on my
> Fedora Core 3 system.
> The configure step complains:
>
> $ ./configure

--catalog=/usr/share/sgml/docbook/xml-dtd-4.2-1.0-25/catalog
> --prefix=/opt/dblatex
> <snip>
> +checking dbk_item.sty... found in package
> Error: bibtopic.sty  are needed

I encountered this error as well, when I installed
dblatex with my old tex installation. there are two
possibilities:
-install the bibtopic.sty, for example see:
http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/bibtopic/

-or (since I guess you have an old tex version) I'm
quite sure bibtopic is included automatically in the
recent teTex-3.0, so you could do the big step
directly and update your whole system (I don't know
about what your OS is, so perhaps instead of teTex
some mikTex is your case then).

hope this helps, don't hesitate to ask.
dblatex-specific questions are better sent to the
dblatex mailing list:
http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=72607

regards and bye,
kbr