Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] olinks and page numbers in FO

It was a bug, and I fixed it in the process of cleaning up the olink
templates a bit.  Try the latest snapshot version if you can.

DocBook Consulting

Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2005 1:14 PM
Subject: [docbook-apps] olinks and page numbers in FO

Using XSL 1.69.1, xsltproc, and FOP 0.20.5 to generate PDF from a modular book.

An olink that includes %p in the xrefstyle results in an empty ref-id attribute in the

fo:page-number-citation tag in the FO output, and FOP quits with the message

page-number-citation must contain "ref-id"

Here's a sample olink (to another chapter file in the same book):

See <olink targetdoc="aa" targetptr="SysReq" xrefstyle="template:%t on page %p"/>

Here's the FO tag:

<fo:page-number-citation ref-id=""/>

I'm setting insert.olink.page.number="maybe" and insert.xref.page.number="maybe"

on the xsltproc command line and using stock fo/docbook.xsl without a customization layer.

(I logged a bug re: 1.69.1, insert.xref.page.number="yes", and generated FO.

Perhaps there's a connection?)

An olink without the %p in the xrefstyle works fine:

See <olink targetdoc="aa" targetptr="SysReq" xrefstyle="template:%t"/>

DocBook XSL: The Complete Guide (http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/OlinkGentext.html) says,

"You can also use the %p placeholder to generate a page number reference for an olink.

If it is an internal olink, then it will be handled like an xref."

And xrefs work as expected:

See <xref linkend="SysReq" xrefstyle="template:%t on page %p" />

yields the title and the page number.

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light.

-Robert