Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] XML editor

Two other XML editors that apply formatting styles are Syntext's Serna and
XML Mind's XXE.

DocBook Consulting

From: "Thomas, Ludger" <Ludger.Thomas@iese.fraunhofer.de>
To: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 8:37 AM
Subject: FW: [docbook-apps] XML editor

Hi,
I propose to have a look at use oXygen (www.oxygenxml.com), which is
IMHO one of the best editors for authors who are able to write DocBook
source-code*. I also have a licence for XMLSpy, wich is much more
expensive than oXygen. But this prog is in my eyes missing essential
functionality. On the other hand it provides some kind of WYSIWYG view
(authentic) which I actually never really used. Trial/home versions of
both editors should be available on the web.
If you can spent USD $299.95, I would suggest that you get a copy of the
docbench bundle from RenderX (www.renderx.com) which includes oXygen and
a professional pdf generator (XEP). oXygen is normally shipped with
Apache FOP for this job, but XEP provides enchanced possibilities.

I think Xmetal (www.xmetal.com) and Epic (www.arbortext.com) are quite
popular too and also provide some visual styles.
Best wishes.
Ludger

* My experience is, that Authors get used to write DocBook in Source
Code relatively fast.