Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] First line indent for specific elements ?

There is no parameter, but there are attribute-sets that could help.  The
blockquote.properties attribute-set would work for blockquote.  See this
reference for how to use attribute-sets:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/AttributeSets.html

For para, you may have to customize the template with match="para" in
fo/block.xsl.  It uses an attribute-set named 'normal.para.spacing', but
that attribute set is used by several other elements that you probably would
not want to affect.  It is a short template so it is easy to customize.

Or you could do it in the attribute-set with a choose statement to limit its
effect, like this:

<xsl:attribute-set name="normal.para.spacing">
  <xsl:attribute name="text-indent">
    <xsl:choose>
      <xsl:when test="self::para">2em</xsl:when>
      <xsl:otherwise>inherit</xsl:otherwise>
    </xsl:choose>
  </xsl:attribute>
</xsl:attribute-set>

The para element is used in a lot of contexts, including lists, qandaset,
and even tables.  There may be contexts where the above attribute-set is not
used and you want the indent, or where it is used and you don't want the
indent.

DocBook Consulting