Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] suppress navigation on first page

Thanks, Bob. Worked like a charm!

-hendrik

On Oct 14, 2005, at 3:16, Bob Stayton wrote:

I think you would need to customize either the template named 'header.navigation' or the template named 'chunk-element-content' that calls 'header.navigation'.  If you customize chunk-element-content, you could add an xsl:if test like this;

<xsl:if test="generate-id(.) != generate-id(/*[1])">
  <xsl:call-template name="header.navigation">

This tests whether the current node is the root node, and it is the root node that generates index.html.

DocBook Consulting

Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2005 2:00 PM

Hey,

I know that I can easily control rendering of navigation (next, previous, up, etc.) for a whole book using the appropriate parameters (suppress*.navigation), but how do turn it off just for the first page (index.html)? I am using chunking and the template set is for HTML.

Thanks in advance,

-hendrik