Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Customising Title Pages Tutorial?

From: "Thomas, Ludger" <Ludger.Thomas@iese.fraunhofer.de>

>Hi Paul,
>Customizing titlepages is not that hard as it seems. I try to
>explanin
>how I did it.

Thanks, Ludger. I've gotten that far, but I think I'm getting stuck in
the
details. However, here's a specific problem I'm having:

I've created a custom title page file, which I called
book.titlepage.recto.xsl
(equivalent to your cstm_xsl, I believe.) I'm getting roughly the
effect I'm looking for, in that
I have the correct graphics and text on the title page. But the title
appears wrong. The section
of the file which  deals with that is:

       <fo:table-row>

         <fo:table-cell number-columns-spanned="2">
           <fo:block text-align="right">
             <xsl:choose>
               <xsl:when test="bookinfo/title">
                 <xsl:apply-templates
                        mode="book.titlepage.recto.auto.mode"
                        select="bookinfo/title"/>
               </xsl:when>
               <xsl:when test="title">
                 <xsl:apply-templates
                        mode="book.titlepage.recto.auto.mode"
                        select="title"/>
               </xsl:when>
             </xsl:choose>
           </fo:block>
         </fo:table-cell>
       </fo:table-row>

As you can see, I've added "text-align="right"" to what is the
default XSL.

However, when I process this and produce a PDF, the title
is centered.

I thought that a setting in my customisation layer (in my case,
simple_fo.xsl) might be overriding it, but I can't see any that
would.

Is there an attribute set or parameter I should be defining
in my customisation layer?

Regards,

-pm

http://oceanclub.blogspot.com

"The hour has come! - ooooh, lucky hour! "