Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Removing document title from top of TOC

Ah, I didn't catch that you set $chunk.tocs.and.lots to 1 and are generating
a separate chunk for your TOC.  I thought you meant the document title above
the TOC in index.html.

Unfortunately, it appears that this h1 title is produced inside a big
template named 'make.lots' in the html/chunk-code.xsl stylesheet module.
You would have to copy that template to your customization, find this part:

      <xsl:when test="$chunk.tocs.and.lots != 0 and not(parent::*)">
        <xsl:call-template name="write.chunk">

and inside that xsl:when statement is where the h1 title is coded.  You
would remove these lines:

                <h1>
                  <xsl:apply-templates select="."
mode="object.title.markup"/>