Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Customising Title Pages Tutorial?

Hi Paul,
Well, I'm not completely clear on what templates are inside each of your
customization files.
In general, the book.titlepage.recto template determines the order of
elements on the front titlepage, and any templates that match on individual
elements in mode 'book.titlepage.recto.auto.mode' will format that element
on that page.

The XSL module generated from the titlepage spec file contains a template
named 'book.titlepage.recto' among others.  If your file
'book.titlepage.recto.xsl' contains a template
with that name, then its import statement should after that of the module
generated from the spec file, otherwise it will have lower import precedence
and it won't be used.

It might be more clear if you follow the sequence of templates that are
called for the titlepages. I described the sequence here:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/TitlePagePrint.html#TitlepageSequence

DocBook Consulting