Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] annotating programlistings

Hi Stefan,

On Wednesday 26 October 2005 16:19, Stefan Seefeld wrote:
> I'm writing a tutorial for which I want to include various
> programlistings. I'd like to annotate them, either by using
> callouts, or just by providing line numbers and then referring
> to those in my text.

Ok, but you need to include the callouts either by co element directly in
the code or by programlistingco. See [1,2] for more details. Probably the
callouts are easier to use in DocBook than referring to line numbers.

> However, I appear to be unable to use either of these,
> as both seem to require special extensions only available
> from xalan and saxon.
>
> I have set
>
> <xsl:param name="use.extensions" select="'1'"/>
> <xsl:param name="use.callouts" select="'1'"/>
> <xsl:param name="linenumbering.extension" select="'1'"/>

That's only one part of the story ... :-)

> in my custom stylesheet, but I still get error messages
> about unavailable extensions. I'm using xsltproc to generate
> html, and I plan to use some fo processor (xep most likely)
> for pdf generation.

For Saxon and Xalan the extensions are provided as JAR files. Look in the
extensions/ directory of the DocBook distribution and read [3] and/or [4]
depending on your XSLT processor.

For xsltproc there are no DocBook extension functions unfortunatly.

Good luck,
Tom