Subject: Hard-pagebreak PI in a section

I have defined a hard-pagebreak PI in my customization layer.
When I use it between paragraphs that are not children of a section,
the PI works and a page break is inserted into the generated PDF.
When I use it between paragraphs that are children of a section,
the PI is ignored.
Is this the expected behavior?

Using xsl 1.69.1, xsltproc, and FOP 0.20.5.

Here is the PI:
	<xsl:template match="processing-instruction('hard-pagebreak')">
	   <fo:block break-before='page'/>
	</xsl:template>

Here's a simple example where the PI works:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE chapter PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.4//EN"
	"http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.4/docbookx.dtd"; >
<chapter>
	<title>Testing Hard-Pagebreak</title>
	<para>This para is filler.</para>
	<para>This para appears before the hard pagebreak.</para>
<?hard-pagebreak?>
	<para>This para appears after the hard pagebreak.</para>
</chapter>

Here's a simple example where the PI does not work:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE chapter PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.4//EN"
	"http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.4/docbookx.dtd"; >
	<para>This para is filler.</para>
	<para>This para appears before the hard pagebreak.</para>
<?hard-pagebreak?>
	<para>This para should appear after the hard pagebreak, but doesn't.</para>
</section>
</chapter>

Thanks,
-Robert