Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Set toc: listing book titles only (fo)

A small customization will achieve what you want.  The template named
'set.toc' in fo/autotoc.xsl creates a set TOC.  It does an apply-templates
in mode="toc" on the set element's children.  It also passes a parameter
named 'toc-context' whose value is the current set element.  So you can make
a small customization to the template that matches 'book' in mode="toc"
using that context value.

Specifically, copy the template with match="book|setindex" mode="toc" from
fo/autotoc.xsl to your customization layer, and change this:

  <xsl:if test="$toc.section.depth > 0
                and $toc.max.depth > $depth.from.context
                and $nodes">

to:

  <xsl:if test="$toc.section.depth > 0
                and not($toc-context/self::set)
                and $toc.max.depth > $depth.from.context
                and $nodes">

The additional test turns off processing of the book element's children when
the toc-context is 'set'.  If the context is anything other than set, then
you will get the normal processing of book children.

DocBook Consulting