Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] FOP 0.90alpha1

Bob,

I would propose not to change the implementation of FOP for now, but
rather maintain a new version in parallel, until the new version of FOP
have stabilized. Something that worked in 0.20.5 will not work in
0.90alpha1.

Enclosed is a new fopdev.xsl and a file with a few patches to the
distribution. I have looked at most of places in 1.69.1, where FOP
requires modification to the stylesheets. Have made a few proposals
and the necessary change for bookmarks, but most of the text in
fopdev-patches.xsl are observations to  the fop.extension
modifications, which might/might not require similar changes for the
new fopdev extension.

The extension requires a parameter

    fopdev.extension set to 1

I hae already mailed this to Michael, so he might already have looked into
it.

Regards,

Jens