Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] FOP 0.90alpha1

Hi Mauritz,
hi Jens,

Mauritz Jeanson wrote on 28.11.2005 19:51:

>What exactly is the "the page break problem", by the way?

I mean the Problems Bob Stayton describes in "DocBook XSL:
The Complete Guide" on the "Page breaking" Site
(http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/PageBreaking.html). In the first
Note he says FOP 0.20.5 doesn't support the keep properties.
I hoped FOP 0.90 fixes this problem. But it seems to still be present.

>Have you tried Saxon 6.5.5? I think you should use an XSLT 1.0 processor.

We use XML transformations in a bigger project. Not only for docbook. In
this project saxon 8 is used, so I tried it too. Maybe I have to
integrate 6.5.5 additionally. I'll try on.

Jens Stavnstrup wrote on 28.11.2005 21:15:

>I never tested the patch with the Saxon 8.x series, since AFAIK the
>DocBook stylesheets does not work with work with a XSLT 2.0
>processor.

For me saxon 8 works fine, except of your patch. I only want to give you
a feedback about other processors.

Thanks for all of your help.

    Regards

       Holger