Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] How to rotate figure in FO

Hi Bob,

thank you for the advice.

>The figure element doesn't have an attribute to specify an orientation.
>Perhaps it should.  You could use a PI, or perhaps use the floatstyle
>attribute with a customization.

I would prefer PI, because for other than print output there is no need
to rotate it (at least for me :-) ) - I think it is target-specific feature.

>One issue might be whether someone wants the figure title rotated with the
>figure.  I think some would want that, but others might not?

Hmm, I don't know what is usually used in books. I have only one book
with landscape figures, and it rotates also titles. I think that figure
title should follow orientation of the figure. My actual need for
rotation comes from the size of the figure, which is big enough to be
fit better on a single landscape page.

So, table can be oriented in landscape (I tried this and it works fine),
figure would be too, how about other general floats, like Examples?

Best regards,

       Tomas

Tomas Hajek                                               /_________/
Design engineer                                          /  ___  __
Integrated Circuits for Car Radio Applications	        /\ (  / / /
						            / /_/
STMicroelectronics
IBC Building                                E-mail: tomas.hajek@st.com
Pobrezni 3                                  Work  : +420 222 336 137
186 00 Praha 8                              Tina  : 139 6137
Czech Republic                              Fax   : +420 222 336 116