Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] TOC entries for Apendices

Bob

Thanks for the help.  I found the problem.  First a quote from your book (p.71)
"Appendix titles are numbered when in a book, but not numbered when
in an article."
So I had to switch Appendix labeling on in an article.

First, I find that if I use :
<!-- <xsl:param name="appendix.autolabel" select="1" /> -->
in my customization layer to switch the numbering on in an article,
this numbers the appendices 1.,2.,..., not A.,B.,...

Second, if I omit the appendix.autolabel definition altogether, then
the appendices are labeled by default in an article, and they are
labeled A.,B.,...

So I have no problem with this now I know how it works.  But if your
book is right, then there is a bug in the XSL.

However, I still have a problem with getting appendices labeled
Appendix A., Appendix B.,....
I tried your recipe and put:
<xsl:variable name="label">
   <xsl:choose>
     <xsl:when test="self::appendix">
       <xsl:call-template name="gentext">
         <xsl:with-param name="key">appendix</xsl:with-param>
       </xsl:call-template>
       <xsl:text>Appendix </xsl:text>
       <xsl:apply-templates select="."  mode="label.markup"/>
     </xsl:when>
     <xsl:otherwise>
       <xsl:apply-templates select="."  mode="label.markup"/>
     </xsl:otherwise>
   </xsl:choose>
</xsl:variable>
into my customization layer.  But it has no effect, I get labels
A.,B.,...What am I doing wrong?

Ron