Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Titlepage customization

For the legalnotice, you will find these templates in fo/titlepage.xsl:

<xsl:template match="legalnotice" mode="titlepage.mode">

  <xsl:variable name="id">
    <xsl:call-template name="object.id"/>
  </xsl:variable>

  <fo:block id="{$id}">
    <xsl:if test="title"> <!-- FIXME: add param for using default title? -->
      <xsl:call-template name="formal.object.heading"/>
    </xsl:if>
    <xsl:apply-templates mode="titlepage.mode"/>
  </fo:block>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="legalnotice/title" mode="titlepage.mode">
</xsl:template>

This does not generate a title, it only outputs a title element if there is
one.
Instead, you want to copy the template for abstract and change the match
attribute:

<xsl:template match="legalnotice" mode="titlepage.mode">
  <fo:block>
    <xsl:call-template name="formal.object.heading">
      <xsl:with-param name="title">
        <xsl:apply-templates select="." mode="title.markup"/>
      </xsl:with-param>
    </xsl:call-template>
    <xsl:apply-templates mode="titlepage.mode"/>
  </fo:block>
</xsl:template>

In common/titles.xsl, there is a template with match="legalnotice" and
mode="title.markup" that generates the title text if there is no title
element.

For revhistory, you will find in fo/titlepage.xsl a template that starts
with:

<xsl:template match="revhistory" mode="titlepage.mode">

You will find in it a call to the template named 'gentext' that generates
the title.  You can customize this template to format the title using the
same method as above.  There is no mode="title.markup" template for
revhistory, so you will still need to use the gentext template.

DocBook Consulting