Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] more than 15 callouts?

Hi Dave,

> I like the idea Nikolai, but Firefox doesn't have SVG natively (as yet).
>  When its native it would be far more convenient.

You are right: I neglected the HTML output. However, it still might be
a feasible option for FO output: enough processors now support SVG.
The quality requirements are also higher for printed matter, so having
vector stuff in PDF instead of bitmaps looks like a good thing.

> How hard would it be to capture them in a png format from
> the generated SVG?

Batik has the tool: http://xml.apache.org/batik/svgrasterizer.html.

Regards,
Nikolai Grigoriev