Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Context-Sensitive Applethelp With Contents and Index Pane

Scott,
To my knowledge, that microsoft applet stuff doesn't do that, but you
could do it with some javascript. You could modify applethelp.xsl so
that it spits out something like the following. Then you can load the
page you want with
file://///server/path/index.html?page=files/feature_help_file.html. ou
probably want to have your real code look at the contents of the page
variable and reject it if it isn't valid. Anyway, this is just for
inspiration.

David

	<head>
	  <script>
function getSearchData() {
    var results = new Object();
    if (location.search.substr) {
        var input = unescape(location.search.substr(1));
        if (input) {
            var srchArray = input.split("&");
            var tempArray = new Array();
            for (var i = 0; i < srchArray.length; i++) {
                tempArray = srchArray[i].split("=");
                results[tempArray[0]] = tempArray[1];
            }
        }
    }
    return results;
}

function loadFrame() {
   if (location.search) {
        var srchArray = getSearchData();
        if (srchArray["page"]) {
            self.main.location.href = srchArray["page"];
        }
    }
}
	  </script>
	</head>
	<frameset onload="loadFrame()" cols="250,*" framespacing="0"
border="0" frameborder="0">
	  <frame name="contents" target="main" src="contents.pane.html"
scrolling="auto">
		<frame name="main" scrolling="auto" noresize
src="files/index.html">
browser doesn't support them.</p></body>
		  </noframes>
	</frameset>