Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] PDF customization

Here is one way to do it.  Create an empty address element with a special id
in your document:

<address id="myvariable"/>

And then add something like this to your stylesheet customization:

<xsl:param name="titlepage.email" select="''"/>

<xsl:template match="address[@id = 'myvariable']">
  <xsl:value-of select="$titlepage.email"/>
</xsl:template>

The template will only operate on that special empty address element, and it
will output the value of the stylesheet parameter named 'titlepage.email'.
You can then specify the value on the command line:

titlepage.email="jacques@foucry.net"

DocBook Consulting