Subject: xsltproc & callout.extension

So I was wondering why callout numbers weren't appearing in
my program listings, and then I read this:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/AnnotateListing.html

  "Currently line numbering is only available with the
  Java processors Saxon and Xalan, not xsltproc, because it
  is done with an extension function."

Oops.  This is annoying, since we've just finishing the DocBook
built system using Ant, which incorporates xslt. Is there any
plan for xslt to support extensions and, if not, which processor
would you recommend we use to? Do they have their own
limitations?

Thanks,

P.

-pm

http://oceanclub.blogspot.com

"Canadians are always dreaming up a lotta ways to ruin our
lives. The metric system, for the love of God! Celsius! Neil
Young!"