Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Resources for Simplified DocBook v5?

On Tue, 2006-01-17 at 18:23 +0000, Daniel Carrera wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I plan to take a shot at writing an XSLT from DocBook to OpenDocument
> format. I figure I should do version 5, and that I should start with
> Simplified DocBook and expand it later.
>
> I'm having trouble finding resources besides the DTDs. I'd like to find
> some sample documents and some tutorials on Simplified Docbook -
> whichever version corresponds to DocBook v5. Any pointers?
>
> Am I right to assume that there /is/ a version of Simplified DocBook
> that corresponds to a proper subset of DocBook v5? Or do I have to
> choose between v5 and Simplified?
>
> Any help would be most appreciated.

HI Daniel.

1. Re test files, Norm has a bunch (sourceforge, or part of the
download..
I think the former).

2. I posted a valid subset (quite minimal really) to this list some time
back,
based on 5.0.

Try the archives or let me know, I'll dig it out.

I was just seeing how easy it was to subset using relax NG compared
to the DTD's so it may not be right for you.

regards DaveP