Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Docbook2odf has been released today in pre-alphaversion!

Daniel Carrera wrote:
> Surely you know that I've been working on an XSLT to turn DocBook into
> OpenDocument. Since I have been posting on this list about it often.

Yes, I know you work on similar project. I am thinking that we could
consider joining our projects, but there might be a problem - we are not
following same goals.

My goal is to get maximal effect in conversion and there may be a price
to pay by support of fewer docbook tags (although I want to support all
of them). My goal is also not just to convert articles but also to
convert book and slides (especially slides are top priority for me).

Whole effort is directed to create instantly usable conversions in
corporate sphere (I am implementing this in our company). My decisions
was to publish these transformations under GPL license, to get feedback
from larger audience, maybe also from other developers and testers.
Based on results and progress of this project, there might be other open
projects developed (like OpenWSS on sourceforge.net).

So by this I would like to ask anyone who downloaded docbook2odf from
sf.net, to send any requests, feedback, bugs to me.

I would like to finish it in time horizon of month or two (release
candidate version).

> I can't take a look at your work because SF is acting up. But I notice
> that there is no license listed yet.

Yes, but license is included in tar.gz.
Project is licensed under GPL (v2), and I am able to see that in admin
mode, but there is no reflection of this fact in summary page, for
unknown reasons. I will try to fix that.