Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Re: [docbook] DocBook list items display withextra line break using FO XSL

Correct.   My rough memory is that <ordered spacing="compact"> and
<simpara> somhow avoid <fo:block>
altogether and put things in a <fo:inline> or something.  You should
read the XSLT template to be sure.

At this point, you are sailing past my level of proficiency and
experience with the docbook list.xslt code.
Probably others on the list could provide more specifics.

--Craeg