Subject: Stylesheet customization by "role" in FO

I have no doubt this has been discussed before, but I haven't been
able to weed through the archive to find the correct answer.

I have the following markup....

<section role="utc">
     <title>a=1, b=1, c=1</title>
     <section role="utcpurpose">
        <title>Purpose</title>
        <para/>
     </section>
</section>

I'd like to differentiate the appearance of the <section/> <title/>
tag in some cases. For example, in the above snippet I'd like to
match on the role value to determine additional formatting processing
(font size) for FO output.

I tried a template match, but I must have my syntax incorrect (or
match doesn't match on role).

Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

-David