Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Resetting TOCs in a book by article

Could this concept be possible on the fly in a single stylesheet.

Basically, a stylesheet that would do matches on all elements which are used
in generating the TOC (ie <title>) and despite its XML id value, assign one
via the stylesheet as a temporary id in order to generate a valid TOC and
leave the XML as-is?

David White

-----Original Message-----
From: stavnstrup@gmail.com [mailto:stavnstrup@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Jens
Stavnstrup
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 12:54 PM
To: David White
Cc: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org

David,

One approach, I have used in a slightly similar situation is first to create
a merge stylesheet, which prefix each id with a unique tag for each book.

I merged a number of books into a set. So all ids in a book was prefixed
with bk1- for the first book etc. You can see the result in the generated
HTMLHelp, which consist of a number of books.

 See: http://nc3ta.nc3a.nato.int/website/book.asp?menuid=15&vs=0

Regards,

Jens