Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Adding attributes/parameters to the "<para>" template?

Hi David

Thanks that works.   But after thinking about it I could always just
put the text I want to appear at the start of each paragraph by putting
the text there like so ...

<para>+++ blah blah blah</para>

... so I will probably not use that version of the para template.
But the strict_para is useful in situations where it is important
that paragraphs start with a particular string.  And I probably
didn't make it clear that this template would work like this ...

<strict_para pm="XXX --">blah blah blah</strict_para>
<strict_para pm="lmnop: ">blah blah blah</strict_para>

... this would result in html ...

... while ...

<strict_para>blah blah blah</strict_para>

... or ...

<strict_para pm="">blah blah blah</strict_para>

... would result in an error.

Thanks!

David White <davidw@kencook.com> wrote:
Something like this?

<xsl:template match="para[@pm='+++']">
<xsl:param name="pm" select="self::*[@pm][1]/@pm"/>
<fo:inline>
<xsl:value-of select="$pm"/></xsl:apply-templates>
</fo:inline>
</xsl:template>

If <para> has no pm attribute this template would be ignored.
<xsl:template match="strict_para[@pm] != 'xxx' ">
</xsl:template>
The above would catch any use of <strict_para> that didn't have an attribute pm which equals 'xxx'.
A good place to read up on XSLT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XSLT
Hope that helps,
David White